Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Front page news in the Houston Chronicle today reads Perry endorses former New York mayor Giuliani.” Perry states in an interview with Fox news that he will campaign for Giuliani not with him. This comes as a surprise to most because of Giuliani’s views on some pretty debatable issues. Those views are opposite the views of Governor Perry. These issues include abortion, gun laws and homosexual matrimony. I haven’t been living in Texas for very long but I know that these are very touchy subjects for most of the conservative Texans that I know. After reading through the interview it seems to be that the Governor is just supporting the former Mayor and presidential hopeful because he wants to help cut down the commodity that Texas’ economy runs on, Mexicans.

When fellow state GOP officeholder and land commissioner, Jerry Patterson, was hit with the news he shared a similar view to my own. "I'm confused, one of the most, if not the most conservative governor in Texas history endorses a pro choice, rabidly anti-2nd amendment former NY mayor What happened to conservative principles as the first measure of who to support for any office?" So let me get this straight Mr. Perry. I can kill all the babies I want, have happy married homo sex so long as there is a fence between me and the land of the Aztec warrior? You’re even going to endorse someone that wants more restrictions on my gun closet so that Paco can’t get his second cousins across the border? Tell me governor, why would one abandon some of his or her most controversial views and issues, especially in politics, and get nothing in return? One might be led to believe that there are ulterior motives working abroad.

Wait a minute, former mayor Giuliani and presidential hopeful doesn’t have a vice-presidential hopeful? Alright, now we have some motive, right? Governor Perry doesn’t think so. When asked if he might be a possible contender for vice-president Perry simply replied, "I've got the best job in the world. Ask the president." That’s why the president went on to bigger and better things than your best job, right? When the Fox news interviewers pressed on about the issue he finally broke down and said a little more about the topic. "I have no interest in going to Washington, D.C. It's not a place that I have passion about. I've got three-plus years left in my term as the governor of a great state, whose economy is doing quite well, and intend to do that and finish out that term," said Perry. I think what Mr. Perry meant to say was, you think America is going to put another Texan on the ballot and vote for him after the last Texan was and still is so loved? Dream on dream weaver, dream on.

No comments: